Brief User' Guide
- Set N (defaut N=8), the number of stages in the register
- Click "Find Coefficients" button will cause the applet to find a set of feedback coefficients
- The set of coefficient correspond to a primitive polynomial. However, there may be other valid sets.
- The user can decide to enter his own set of coefficients by
- Check "Coefficients Editable"
- Enter "c5 c2 ..." as the customized values in the text area for coefficients.
- Enter a initial bit sequence which has exactly N [0/1] values under "Initial data vector"
- Enter an integer under "Sequence length i_max"
- Enter a value, Nw, for "Displayed width". The output will be rendered in lines of Nw values
- Click "Simulate" button to see a bit sequence at the register's output (right-most stage)
- Read result in the text area window, which is also presented in a plot below
- The plot can be zoomed in by dragging the mouse to form a rectange, and the region will be updated to fill the whole plot. A click on the "fill" button cause the plot to resume its initial scale.
Paul H. Bardell, William H. McAnney, and Jacob Savir, "Built-In Test for VLSI: Pseudorandom Techniques", John Wiley & Sons, New York, 1987.